Are you taking a family vacation to a beach location? Whether you go close to home or whether you go far away, from planning activities at the hotel to planning an adventure that includes swimming with dolphins, here are some ideas that might make your vacation the best trip your family has ever had.
Start With A Plan - How many days will you be gone? Think of writing down the actual days you'll be away from home and then matching an activity to that day. Get your other family members to help you create an itinerary.
- Think of the time of day that you will arrive at your destination. If you are lucky enough to arrive early in the day, that means you can get started on your adventure right away.
- If you arrive later in the day, say in the late afternoon, consider just getting to know your surroundings at the hotel and having a leisurely supper before you get an early-to-bed.
- As you make your plan, consider which meal will be the big meal of the day. For the other meals, think of popping into places like food trucks or just having a wonderful meal from things you gather at a local grocery store.
- While you are planning your itinerary, don't forget to plan the clothes that match it. For example, besides swimming suits, consider packing nice swim suit cover ups that you can wear into shops and restaurants.
The Adventures - Think of combining small events with a major event like dolphin swimming.
- When you pack, don't forget to bring items that will help you create sand castles while you're at the beach.
- Think of bringing binoculars that you can take on nature walks.
- Bring drawing paper and pencils so that you and your children can do sketches of things you see in nature.
- As the focus of your big adventure, think of arranging for your family to swim with the dolphins. That will be an event they will never forget in their entire lives. The dolphins are not only safe to be with, but they are personable and more fun than you can imagine.
Be sure to have everyone bring his or her journal so that you can record the happenings of your trip. Bring things like the stubs from the tickets you used for the dolphin swimming adventure so that they will be a reminder of your time swimming with these amazing creatures. For more information, contact a business such as Kona Ocean Adventures.